Periklis Proussaefs D.D.S, MS (also referred as “Dr. Perry” for short) is a Prosthodontist (a dentist specialized in cosmetic, dental implant, and prosthetic dentistry). Dr. Proussaefs has been a dentist for 20 years. He obtained his dental degree from the University of Athens in 1992. He earned a specialty certificate in Prosthodontics, a Master’s Degree in Prosthodontics, and a certificate in Implant Dentistry from Loma Linda University (LLU), California, in 2000. He has been licensed as a dentist in California since 1998, and he is also licensed and extensively trained to provide dental care under IV sedation. IV sedation is a safe procedure that offers to patients with dental phobias the opportunity to receive comfortable dental care while being sedated. Dr. Proussaefs has received numerous national and international level awards for his research and clinical innovations in dental implants and Prosthodontics, and holds several honorary positions in the dental community:
- Dr. Proussaefs has been an Assistant Professor of Oral Implantology at Loma Linda University since year 2000 where he conducts seminars and research involving cosmetic and implant dentistry. Dr. Proussaefs has lectured extensively in the field of Implant and prosthetic-cosmetic dentistry in national and international level dental conventions.
- He has been serving as Editorial Board member for the Journal Of Prosthetic Dentistry (JPD) and the Journal of Oral Implantology (JOI) since 2002. Dr. Proussaefs has been selected among other experts around the globe to review, approve, and modify scientific articles before they get published and translated in several languages. He has personally published over 35 peer-reviewed scientific articles in journals with world-wide circulation.
- He is an Associate Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, position given to clinicians who have demonstrated clinical and research expertise.
- 1st place Award winner in year 2000 by the Academy of Osseointegration for his research entitled “The use of block onlay grafts for vertical alveolar ridge augmentation and implant placement: A pilot study”. The Academy of Osseointegration is a world-wide Organization involved in dental implant research and education.
- Tylman Research Award. Dr. Proussaefs earned the Tylman Award in 2002 by the American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics (AAFP) for his research in preparing teeth for crown placement. The AAFP has been the leading Dental Organization in the field of Prosthodontics since 1952.
- Hickley Award in 2002 for his publication entitled “Conversion of a complete denture to a provisional implant-supported, screw-retained fixed prosthesis for immediate loading of a completely edentulous arch”. This article was published in the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, the leading dental journal in Prosthodontics with world-wide circulation.
- In 2005, his name was included in the National Register’s Who’s Who, which is a leader in biographic publishing and recognizing professional achievers.
- In 2010 he was selected as a Top Dentist in Ventura by the International Association of Dentists. The Consumer Research Council elected Dr. Proussaefs as one of America’s top dentists for three consecutive years 2010-2011-2012.
Dr Proussaefs has been a member of the American Dental Association (ADA), California Dental Association (CDA), Santa Barbara Dental Society, Academy of Osseointegration (AO), American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID), and American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics (AAFP). In his free time, he enjoys traveling, reading, snorkeling, movies, sports, and spending time with his wife and two kids Arian and Athena.
Click here to view articles by Dr. Periklis Proussaefs, D.D.S.